This entry was posted on October 5, 2016.
Zucchini “Pasta” with Broccoli Meatballs and Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups organic broccoli florets (1 large head)
- 1 cup organic raw almonds
- ¼ cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh organic basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh organic parsley
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ⅛ tsp. organic cayenne pepper
- 2 large free range/organic/pasture raised eggs
- 2 medium sized organic zucchini
- Raw Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of minced/organic garlic
- 1 Tbs. raw olive oil
- ¼ cup diced organic white onion
- 1 large organic garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz. can organic crushed tomatoes
To make Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam broccoli florets 10 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Cool
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Pulse steamed broccoli in food processor until chopped. Transfer to bowl with ground almonds. Add Parmesan, basil, parsley, garlic, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl, then stir eggs into broccoli mixture.
- Shape mixture into 12 Meatballs by hand, pressing firmly to ensure Meatballs hold their shape. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
To make the zucchini pasta:
- Rinse the zucchini off and pat dry. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini into long ribbons.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat add olive oil and garlic, next add the zucchini ribbons.
- Sauté the ribbons until just slightly soft, but they still remain a little crunchy. Once finished cooking, set aside.
To make Garlic-Tomato Sauce:
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, and cook 20 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.